March 3, 2008

1st Cavalry Division

Well, it is official. I have gotten my official orders to report to basic in June, and upon the completion of basic we head to Ft. Hood, TX.
I will be attached to a battalion of the 1st Cavalry Division. We are really excited to see God continue to work as we follow Him in obedience.

I would like to take a moment to testify to the goodness if our God. From the beginning of this process we felt like we were supposed to be at Ft. Hood. We really have no explanation as to why we felt this way, we just did.

Our certainty in this matter would waver during the long period of waiting. However, God confirmed to us that Ft. Hood was where we are supposed to be. God has continued to confirm His calling and plan.

Our hearts desire is to follow God. Thankfully God has worked in our hearts preparing us for what He has before us.

Thank you for your prayers! They make a difference.

CHARGE!!

2 comments:

JP said...

I stumbled across your blog today. I'm also heading to CHBOLC this summer and 1st Cav in September. Have you come across anyone else that will be at Ft Jackson this summer?

Michael said...

JP,
Yes, I have already met three other couples headed to CH-BOLC in June. One of the couples I have met is also going to Ft. Hood and will be attached to the 1st CAV. If you want to contact me you can email me at mrmbdawson@gmail.com