February 27, 2008

You Know You Are In The South When...

Last week I did the funeral for my maternal grandmother in Georgia. We drove down to Georgia on Wednesday for the Thursday 14:00 funeral.

Thursday morning, we went down for the continental breakfast offered by our hotel. Laura noticed that everyone was greeting us. She told me that they must have really trained their staff well. I told her it was not the training, instead it was that we were in the deep South. That is the way things are done there.

We also went out to eat and experienced another Southern thing. I was ordering my drink, and I asked if they served tea. "Yes!" I asked the waitress what I would get if I ordered tea. "Swwweeeet Teeaa!" That is just the way things are done in the South.

You know you are in the South when...

  1. Everyone says hello, even though they do not know you.
  2. You order tea and you automatically get sweet tea

It has been too long since we have been back to our old stomping grounds, the deep South.

No comments: