March 18, 2008

Created

Just wanted to share with something with you. (For those of you who were in church a few weeks ago, this will seem familiar.) Ever since we got a bird I have become more aware of birds of the wild. I really enjoy watching them. As I drive along the road I notice them sitting on the power line. A silly thought crosses through my mind. What if a bird was afraid of heights? This would be a predicament wouldn't it? Birds were created to fly.

This line of thinking makes me ask, "What was I created for?" What were you created for? I shared with the church what I believe we were created for. (This is not a fully expanded list, but it is a starting place.)


  1. Love the Lord your God through worship, prayer, testifying about His goodness, spending time in Word and obedience.

  2. Love your neighbor as yourself through prayer, providing physical needs, and providing spiritual support and guidance.

  3. Be fruitful and multiply (spiritually) through teaching others what we know and encouraging people where they are gifted.

What happens if we do not fulfill the purposes of our creation? May I suggest like the bird afraid of heights, we become prey. Yes, we are hunted down and consumed by the predator, Satan. Just as the bird does not come out of the egg flying we do not start out as Christians knowing how to do the things we were created to do. We must learn and develop these attributes. Where are you in your development of these attributes?

I believe birds glorifies God through flight. I believe we glorify God by living the life we were created to live.

NEVER BE AFRAID TO BE WHO GOD CREATED YOU TO BE!!

No comments: