July 14, 2009

Time Marches On

It is amazing how quickly time goes by. I started this post almost a month ago, but I have not gotten back to it before now. It is hard for me to believe that I have been in the Army for more than a year. June 8, marked one year in the Army. I remember showing up to Fort Jackson with excitement and dread. What would it be like? What had God called me to? 


More than one year removed from that day, I can say I never expected this. I have had the opportunity to share my faith with people that cannot or don't understand my beliefs. I have had the opportunity to stand beside soldiers as they struggle with some of the most difficult of life's situations. I have had the opportunity to minister to family members that are more than seven thousand miles away. 

Even with all this great stuff and more, I miss things I have/had to give up to follow this call. I really do miss my beautiful wife. God truly blessed me the day we met. For a while I did not know she was my blessing from God, but finally got it and I asked her to be mine. Thankfully, she said yes. I also have a beautiful daughter God has blessed me with. I miss seeing her grow up. She is truly becoming a young lady. She has grown so much in her faith and I missed seeing that. I also miss being pastor to the great people of Menokin Baptist Church. 

How is it that so much time has passed since we said yes to God's call into the military? It is because time has continued to march on. Before I know it I will be back in Texas and celebrating two years in the Army.

Garryowen Cross Out!

1 comment:

Laura Dawson said...

I am so glad time is marching on. It is really flying by right now, and I can't wait to see you again. I miss you, too, very much. Victoria and I both do. Our home is not the same without you here. Not much longer, Michael, not much longer.