April 10, 2010

Budgeting

As many of you may know I am a fan of Financial Peace University (FPU). In March or April of 2007 I was introduced to FPU by my sister-in-law who was going through the course. It piqued my interest enough that I ordered it for my family and we began our journey to being debt free.


When I got back from Iraq I naturally fell back into the roll of taking care of our finances. Normally I use Quicken to keep up with our finances. I went to an Apple dealer and bought Quicken 2007 for MAC since I had been using Quicken 2007 for Windows. I did not like the MAC version so I was on the hunt for something else. Well, I found it.

I have started using Snowmint. Why do I like it? Truth be told because it works well with FPU principles of using envelopes. Snowmint has a MAC version and a Windows version. It will not perform anything like Quicken, however, it keeps up with what I need it to do. It keeps up with my check book and my savings account with no problems. It is based on the envelope system and with this software I can see what I have in my clothing envelope or in the homeschool envelope. If you are a FPU fan and are working the budget and getting out of debt give this software a try. It comes with a 30 free trial. It got me hooked!

Here is a link to their sight if you would like to check it out. http://www.snowmintcs.com/products/budgetmac/index.php

I am also posting a link to the Dave Ramsey site, founder of FPU.

Just an update on our debt snowball. We have just a little less than $4,500.00 to pay off all our debt. When we are debt free, we will have paid off $65,000 since May of 2007! God is so good!!

No comments: