September 21, 2010

Moving On Up

If you are as old as I am, you probably have the Jefferson's theme song playing in your head. We did not move to a high-rise apartment when we moved last month, instead the title references my impending change of units. At the end of this month I will be leaving 1-7 CAV and going to 1-227 Air Cavalry Brigade (ACB). Yes, I will no longer be in a ground unit. The next time I deploy, my main means of transport will be by air, that will be different. My new soldiers will be helicopter pilots, mechanics, fuelers, etc. (everything to do with helicopters) It is going to be a very different world from what I have known thus far in my Army career, but I am looking forward to it. When I was in basic and I knew I was going to the 1st Cavalry Division I asked for the ACB. So, I am getting my wish a little delayed. :-)


Before leaving 1-7 though, I have the opportunity to earn silver spurs. If you are interested in finding out more you can follow this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Spur. It is going to be a grueling couple of days, but I will continually quote Scripture reminding myself that through Christ all things are possible and that I do not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of God. These verses got me through other events and I do not expect things to be different this time. It is such a honor to participate in such a great tradition of the Cavalry with such a historic unit. I have loved my time with 1-7 "Garryowen" and I cannot think of a better way to end my time there than with a spur ride. I will have to make sure to have medication waiting for me when I get home from the event, LOL!!

On a little different note, Laura and Victoria are doing really well. School is going really well and Victoria is nailing her classes. We are so proud of her!! Victoria is also involved with the youth group on post and we are so thankful for that ministry and that she has the opportunity to be around other people that love the Lord like she does. Laura is staying busy with teaching and getting everything set in our new house. We love our new place and Laura is turning our house into a home. I am loving what she is doing with it. When we get finished we will have to take some pictures and post them on here for you all to see.

Well, I better get off of here because it is getting late and I need some sleep before my fun PT session in the morning.

Until next time...I pray that you are aware of God's presence with you.

No comments: