December 13, 2007

Ring...

Ring...(Caller ID 301-677-XXXX)

Last month I received a call from my recruiter telling me my application had been approved but for Reserves not Active Duty. I decided to send my packet before the December Accessioning Board for consideration for Active Duty. The Board was meeting yesterday and today.

Ring...Ring...
Okay, here is the call I have been waiting for. Take a deep breath...Hello...

I must confess it was as though I was dreaming. I do not remember the name of the man I was talking to or exactly what he said, but his reason for calling was to welcome me to the Chaplaincy. Yes, I was approved for Active Duty. Phew! Thank you God! Today, God not only confirmed His call into the Army but a call to Active Duty.

What was the best Christmas present of 2007? A phone call confirming and affirming God's plan for the Dawson family.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! I am so excited about what God has in store for us. It seems surreal that we will actually be moving in about six months. I don't know if the time will fly or crawl. Either way, I can't wait! I love you so much, Michael Dawson!

Bruce said...

Michael, What a great day indeed having God confirm his desire for the next phase in your life. But it comes with both happiness and sadness. I am happy knowing that you are doing as God has called you to do. But it is sadness that you will be leaving your current flock so soon. I know for you the time will seem to go by so slowly, but for us, the time will go by to quickly. But I still have more time to listen to and learn from you. and I still have time to listen to the wonderful voices of each of you on Sunday morning. Thank God for brining you into my life when I needed his help. Thank you for your help as I travel along the path of my Christian growth and of spiritual understanding. Thank you for bringing me closer as I walk with Christ.
Bruce

Dave said...

Congrats...those phone calls are very surreal.

Anonymous said...

wow- congrats to all three of you during this exciting time. Can't wait to hear how all the details work out- although we are sorry to see you go, we are thankful that God is fulfilling part of his plan through you all.

Anonymous said...

Cograt to the three of you....It is
great and exciting to oberve first
hand God's call to such a special family and see you answer his call.
We will miss you,but feel it will be exciting to follow you on your journey as God's plan for you and your family contines to unfold and your purpose is being fulfilld.
Maxine