May 10, 2008

Coming and Going

There is so much of our lives that I want to share with you, but it seems like there is not enough time to share anything. It seems like we have been passing ourselves coming and going. We are trying to get ready for our move. We are scheduled to pack on June 2-3 and load on June 4.


Yesterday was our last Sunday at Menokin. It was a good day. Laura, Victoria and I led in worship and the Lord was with us as we did so. Following worship we had a time of fellowship. Wow, I ate more than I should have, but I enjoyed that good old Menokin cooking. 

Maybe the best way to share some other things that have been going on in our lives is to just list them. Here goes, in no particular order:

1. We continue the downsizing process. Our house is looking less like an atomic bomb was dropped thanks to the hard work of Laura and Victoria.
2. I sold the truck. We had three vehicles and only needed two so we sold the one that got the worst gas mileage. Gas here is over $3.75.
3. We are out of credit card debt!!! Now we have to kick Sallie Mae out of the spare bedroom.
4. I am on vacation this week.
5.We went to DC twice last month. The second time we went to tour the White House.
6. We are going to Kings Dominion, this week.
7. We have been given two new Mac Books for our ministry. These computers are sweet!!!
8. We had a yard sale and got rid of all the stuff we were not going to move.
9. We escaped to Hershey PA for a couple of days. 
10. I went to the NASCAR race in Richmond. It was a blast!
11. I got my Father's Day gift early. Laura and Victoria will be in VA on June 15 so we celebrated Father's Day on Mother's Day. So for us it was Parent's Day! They got me an iPod in preparation for basic and eventually Iraq. It is sweet!!

Oh, I see myself coming so I better go!

No comments: