June 8, 2008

I'm Here

Where is here? Fort Jackson, South Carolina (Columbia). I made the trip safely, yesterday. After unloading for an hour, I got my room all set up and situated. (It took an hour to unload with the help of two other Chaplains, Loren and Mark.) I am glad to have that done since life is going to get hectic soon. I am setting a goal to post once a week. Some guys who have been through this process have posted every day. That is a great goal, but I do not believe I am that disciplined in blogging. Anyway, you should hear from me again soon.

2 comments:

Kenny said...

hey michael! glad to know you made it there okay. sorry we weren't able to say farewell before you left. KNOW that you and Laura and Victoria are a permanent fixture on our wednesday evening prayer list now. MY prayer for you for the next few weeks is for strength, stamina, intestinal fortitude, focus, and perseverance -- in addition to an unending sense of the peace of knowing that you are in the center of God's will. we love you all.

Bruce said...

Michael,
So glad to hear that you made it there safely. I know the unpacking was a lot easier than the packing, and a lot quicker too. While I know the first couple of days may be a little rough, I know God is there helping you along the way. Rest assured that you are in our prayers as you travel along the path that God has set you upon. I look forward to reading your updates as to how the army life is going. I think the daily bloggers found a way to share thier ups and downs so that they could make it through.
I'll have the sermon to you tomorrow (Tuesday). Had to see what the size limit was on attachments.
Take care. Bruce