December 12, 2008

Sock It To Me

I just got a pay raise today! It is hard to believe that I have been in the Army for 6 months! Time has really flown and it seems like I have been in the Army only a few days, not months! The reason I got a pay raise today is because I was promoted to Captain.

I was thrilled with all the people that were able to attend. Of course, Laura and Victoria were there along with my Squadron Commander and Sergeant Major, all my troop commanders and 1st Sergeants, my Brigade and Division Chaplains and others. We really had a crowd. Laura got to pin on my new rank. Part of the pinning tradition is to put on the new rank and then punch the soldier. Laura did a great job pinning me and then socking it to me, LOL! Several of the people there told her to hit me harder. Laura said she had fun punching me, LOL! I guess that is the only time I have to worry about her hitting me. :-)

God is so good! I love what I do! Thank you for all your prayers. Keep my soldiers in your prayers. Soon we will be going on block leave and before we know it we will be going down range. The young soldiers have many things going on in their lives and can use your prayers as the Lord brings them to your minds.

Here are a few pictures of today's event. Enjoy!
Family and my Commander LTC Costanza.
Laura socking it to me, LOL!
Preaching? No, just a word of thanks!
LTC Costanza, and the family.
LTC Sherer (Division Chaplain) & ???
Me and the family! I am truly blessed!

One other note. It is great to be able to wear my Stetson on Fridays!!

No comments: