February 21, 2010

The Difference a Year Makes

It is hard to believe that one year ago today I was on my way from Kuwait to Iraq. I am sure that I ate some type of fast food from the DFAC before hopping on a C-17 headed to Iraq. Today has been a little different. We went to chapel for worship and then we came back to the house and I opened my birthday gift from Laura and Victoria. I loved my gift! From our R&R trip to Disney they made me a book of memories using our pictures. It is wonderful! I have looked at it a few different times today. To add to that, Laura made me one of my favorite meals. She fixed chicken spectacular, vegetable casserole and 5 cup salad. Great day! It is amazing the difference a year makes.

2 comments:

Laura Dawson said...

I am so glad you had a good day. It certainly was wonderful spending your birthday together this year. This is going to be a very sweet year! I love you!!

mandghall said...

glad everyone is together again- everyone at Menokin was thinking of you yesterday on your birthday:)And Laura, those recipes sound yummy- especially intrigued by the five-cup salad.